2 November 2012

Shabu Shabu BBQ Korean Restaurant

I had passed by this Korean restaurant everyday and saw a lot of people dining in there so I decided to give it a try. The interior decors is quite superb and neat. The place itself is quite spacious and the seats are comfy. The food is also huge in portion. The waitress was very friendly and smiley. Overall experience is pretty good. Now let see what we ate!
As you can see, the atmosphere is splendid. I went there during lunch so I missed out this beautiful sunset. The lighting was nice too during the early afternoon so no big lost! Ah... again just by looking at this place, I feel all hungry again. Hehe. Another cool thing about Shabu Shabu Korean BBQ is the golf stimulation. There is a section in the nice corner of the restaurant with a TV and a golf set (game). I didn't exactly have the chance to see it properly but I thought it was quite a cute idea to include the golf stimulation.
Disclaimer: The three top photos are taken from Shabu Shabu's official website.
So we ordered 3 BBQ dishes (1 Samgeopsal & 2 Bulgogi) @12.95 each and a short rib soup with some transparent noodles called Galbitang ($11.95). They gave us plenty of sidedishes + 4 rice (4 people). I love the tea they serve. Very delicious. Fragrance but not too strong. Just perfect.





You can see the sidedishes and the plate of 2 Bulgogi combined. The sidedishes have some potatoes, kimchi, seaweed (very yummy) 
That is the plate of 2 orders of Bulgogi combined. So it is around $25.90. The portion is huuuge. My dad and I nearly stuffed ourselves to finish it. Don't let the view deceives you. Let your stomach decide once you actually finish the whole plate. By far, it is very worthy compare to other Korean restaurants I had been too. I went to this shabby looking Korean restaurant in Chinatown once. The food is good but the portion is not sufficient. We probably ordered the dish twice and were nowhere near as full as we did with Shabu Shabu. 

This is the Galbitang. It's not very big but it's just for the taste. :) We ordered it for my little brother so it's good enough for a little fellow. 
3 beautiful strips of Samgeoupsal (pork belly). Aren't they beautiful? 

Well, this is what the end product looks like. You see a bit of Samgeoupsal on the top and a bunch of sizzling Bulgogi. I took this shot so that you can see how wonderful those sizzling bubbles are. The smell is incredibly delicious. The low flame that keeps everything hot and fresh. I would definitely return there again! 

Great news is that while doing research for this blog entry, I went to their website and saw they have free coupon to giveaway. (I wish I saw it earlier... *sulk*) Well, good for you readers! To make your life easy, I embedded the official website link in the picture so just click on the picture and off you go! Enjoy!

6180 Saint-Jacques Map.1da4c0b 
MontrealQC H4B1T6
Shabu Shabu BBQ Corea on Urbanspoon

Don't forget to join us on Facebook: LIKE
For more Era Fey Experiences: Click Here!
Or simply click on Join This Site/Blog button on the right -----------> Scroll a bit up, my dear! To the right!

Leave your comment below. Those are some fineeee looking meals, aren't they? Ooba Ooba! Or share your experience on other Asian food with me! I would love to learn more!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. It's even nicer in person. The smell is absolutely delicious. :)

      Delete
  2. Pleasant ambience and the menu is no doubt mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete

 
F