25 August 2012

Let's Hang Out Montreal!

For those who wonder what is there in Canada, buckle your seatbelt for one amazing ride around town! Today, I will be talking about Montreal! And ....No. We do not live in igloos and have polar bears as rides. 

Let's start with Halloween! October 31 is every kid's favorite (next to Christmas). It's the time of the year for kids to dress up as vampires, werewolves, Spiderman and other monsters/superheroes. What's more? You get FREE candies by knocking on people's door and go "Trick or Treat"! How great is that? I used to be so excited about Halloween but then I grew up. *Cry* I guess I can always pretend to be a little girl who time traveled into the future. Anyhow. Scroll down for more wonderful things Montreal has!


Bring my baby brother to his first Treat or Trick. Finally, he is old enough to go! Woohoo! *Proud big sister grin*
The trick with Trick-or-Treat is to go to the most wealthy neighborhood. They give you the biggest chunk of candy EVER. Like one big bar of KitKat, not some cheap candy you can see at the dollar stores. Their decorations are also very, very impressive.


Sometimes, you just want to sit in a nice coffee shop and relax... Sometimes, have some friends along and act wild. Really. We were hobo-ing on the floor on beansacs. Life is good.




How to celebrate birthday student-style. Yep, my good friend bought me a Premiere Moison cake. Uber cool. We celebrated it in the college school's cafeteria then we partied at McDonald's with virtual candles. Haha. Love my friends. 


Montreal is fun. You can play giant chess on the Saint-Catherine street. 



Then you can have fun at McGill's Eaton Center. They have all sorts of stores there, not just in the building but along the main road. My favorites are the Candy Factory store (I have sweet tooth!) and Kernels (Love popcorns)! And I also have immature moment such as trying to make the figurines mate... yay maturity!


You can also buy epic sushi from Sushi Shop. They are more expensive for a reason. It's GOOD. High quality ingredients. Just awesome. If you are wondering what I am having, I will tell you. On the top left, wrapped in salmon is called Twin Salmons. Then we have the Karai on the right. At the bottom is one of the best called Volcano with seared salmon and red masago (fish eggs) on the top. 



Winter. Snow. Pretty. COLD. But no amount of cold can prevent us from hanging out and be stupid... I mean have fun!




Next, we went to Les Glacieurs. The  expensive and yummy cupcakes. They are very very cute. The toppings are the cutest I have seen. Little, detail star shaped candies...etc. We can also enjoy the atmosphere by reading wedding magazines. 





YOU ARE JEALOUS RIGHT? So am I! Of my past-self! Mother of Sweet Meal! Look at that gorgeous pizza-pancake! Summer time, perfect to sit next to open window where bypassers stare at you as you eat. Well, I bet I made lots of people jealous of this awesome lunch! For those living in Montreal and wonder which Heaven I was in, this is Cacao 70 on Saint-Catherine. The meal costs about $14. It comes with all sorts of chocolate. Dark chocolate, hazy nuts and other heavenly variations. I just couldn't help but be mesmerized by this beautiful meal.


Of course, you cannot enjoy summer without the Beaver Lake. It's a gorgeous lake at Mont Royal. In winter, the lake freezes and people can skate on it. Very neat. For now, it's all green and beautiful. Little fish swimming between the water plants, people going there to jog, get cozy, picnic...etc. A lot of fun things to do there!


So I went there with my friends for an epic BBQ. We had some trouble starting the fire and we were all pre-historic about it. Hurr Hurr. Fire. Start. Hurr Hurr!
In the end, all went well and we had a full stomach. 


Since we are all immature old brats, we brought bubbles, cards and kites to fool around. It was all worthy. We made a lot of noises though. Haha. The ice cream man must had felt awkward standing next to us as we partied hard. After awhile he ran away. 


Next we head to Old Port Montreal. It's the one of the hype-est places. Thousands of people go there everyday. There are always street performances, horse carriages, painters, fancy restaurant and other attractions. We are lucky to go there when you see the Cercle du Soleil! It's a really, really popular circus that toured around Canada and maybe international. You must be wondering why all those boats? Well, Montreal is in the middle of a gigantic river (Saint Laurent River) so of course there will be boats. 

Stay tune and click on the Join This Site button on the sidebar. 
Don't forget to join us on Facebook: LIKE
For more Era Fey Experiences: Click Here!

2 comments:

  1. That Wolf hat looks awesome! you still have it?


    And that guy in pink reminds me of a penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound waaay too happy. Too much candy?

    ReplyDelete

 
F